Engineering & Design
Engineering & Design
We're very happy to help design the most suitable drawing for your application.
3D modeling for slewing bearings
2D slewing bearing drawings
B10 life calculation
Technical manual assistance
3D Modeling for Slewing Bearings: We can create detailed and accurate 3D models of slewing bearings, allowing you to visualize and analyze their fit and functionality within your application.
2D Slewing Bearing Drawings: We provide comprehensive 2D drawings of slewing bearings, including all necessary dimensions, tolerances, and specifications. These drawings serve as valuable references for manufacturing and installation.
B10 Life Calculation: Our team can perform B10 life calculations, which estimate the operational life expectancy of slewing bearings based on various factors such as load, speed, lubrication, and operating conditions. This analysis helps you make informed decisions regarding bearing selection and maintenance intervals.
Technical Manual Assistance: We offer expert guidance and support in creating technical manuals for slewing bearings. These manuals provide essential information on installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, and other relevant aspects to ensure optimal performance and longevity.
Why Engineering & Design is Important, What makes UIPI Different?
The importance of designing for manufacturing is underlined by the fact that about 70% of manufacturing costs of a product (cost of materials, processing, and assembly) are determined by design decisions, the remaining 30% of the costs make up production decisions (such as process planning or machine tool selection).
There are manufacturers using state-of-the-art design, manufacturing, testing methods, and computation techniques. Design verification is performed with the newest CAD/CAM design tools and analysis programs. There is no doubt that this set of tools is very useful and helpful, however, the engineering staff with extensive practical expertise is even more indispensable! Because tools are just tools, but people know what to do with the tools, what the goal is, and how to achieve it.
UIPI engineers are standing by to help. Our engineering staff has decades of hands-on experience, covering hundreds of different applications and industries, including construction machinery, earth moving equipment, forest industry, packing, water treatment, etc.
They don't just consider all application requirements while designing the slewing bearings, which is mostly affected by the expected environmental conditions. Their goal is to optimize a slewing ring bearing cost-effective to produce, assemble, and maintain while keeping great quality.
UIPI can recommend bearing size, rolling element, hardness, gear configuration, etc. Our capabilities range from 200mm ID up to 6,000mm OD. We can design a slewing bearing to meet your load, size, rotation, and life-cycle requirements with you.
Especially in the slewing ring industry, mounting slewing bearings in the proper structure plays a crucial role in adequately distributing the bearing load and stress. Without a robust design, maintaining performance is likely to suffer.
So can the performance of the pinions, gears, seals, and bolts. Therefore, our engineers consider mounting very early in the design phase.
Even the little zerk, our engineers care about its location in the slewing bearing, whether it's economical and easy to re-greasing after mounting. Check the little story about this. Using this knowledge and experience, coupled with detailed input from the customer, we can work together to find the best possible rotational solutions for your application.